Thursday 13 March 2014

illustrator-unit 7 time based filters

I'm impressed with the way this sample creates a 3d illusion.  To create this effect i scanned a sample from my final outcome and use a Photoshop filter called extrude. This sample reminds me of impressionism.






I found this technique fascinating , the wavy effect really stands out. I found this technique easy and quick and came across no problems.









Before i selected ok on the twirl filter  i experimented with the percentage  To see what effect i could create. I feel it came out really well and very effective. I'm impressed with how the twirl makes my piece look very gentle



I feel it came out very well,the filter gives it a very 3d effect,i found it easy to adjust the 3d effect and would use it again.





Overall i enjoyed this unit. I love incorporating computers and my piece together it has given me some new skills and I've learned a lot. it has also given me some great ideas for my final major project. The filters were all very easy to use and adjust.if i was to take this further into my fmp i would experiment with different filters,pick which one i like best and then print it on my fmp fabric. i came across a few problems like understanding certain tasks but i solved them by writing notes and checking with my teacher to see if they were correct.if i was to improve i would of saved the filter samples into patterns and placed them on a fashion flat puff ball skirt. The puff ball relates to my time based project, the fabric i used on the filter was the fabric i made in my time based i took pictures of the fabric being pinned and folder at one point i pined it into a poof ball skirt and loved the effect it gives it would of been more effective if i had used one of the filters on the fabric first then pinned or made it into a puff ball skirt.










No comments:

Post a Comment